Chad R. Wadlington handles all aspects of business law and civil litigation. His Kentucky practice has covered the state taking him from Paducah to Pikeville. He has also represented clients in Tennessee and Florida state courts.
Mr. Wadlington has assisted numerous entrepreneurs in organizing their business enterprises and has handled the structuring and closing of complex commercial transactions, including real estate transactions on behalf of private lenders. He serves as outside general counsel to a medium-sized corporate client. His business litigation matters have involved financial fraud, shareholder and management disputes, insurance claims, intellectual property disputes, breach of contract claims, torts, and business-to-business disputes.
Mr. Wadlington is a former insurance defense attorney. He handled coverage evaluations, bad faith defense, and litigated (and arbitrated) multi-party construction disputes, premises claims, and personal and commercial lines bodily injury cases.
One of his greatest privileges involved serving on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and Trial Committee in the aviation litigation arising out of the air crash of Comair Flight 5191.
Mr. Wadlington is a certified civil mediator. He has been an adjunct professor at Asbury University since 2009 teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in business law.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- Murray State University, B.A. in History and Business Management, cum laude, 1992
- Lipscomb University, Institute for Conflict Management, Civil Mediator Training, 2017
- Kentucky Bar Association (KBA)
- Member, Business Law Section
- Member, Civil Litigation Section
- Member, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Member, Corporate House Counsel Section
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Current Employment Position