Gregg Y. Neal is board certified in civil pretrial and trial litigation, a certified circuit and appellate mediator and approved arbitrator in Florida and was licensed in Kentucky in 1973 and in Florida in 1989. He received his B.S. degree from Marshall University in 1970 and his J.D. from the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law in 1973. He was on the Dean’s List and the Journal of Family Law. He is a Diplomate and Advanced Diplomate of the Court Practice Institute, 1978 and 1981. He is a graduate of the ATLA National College of Advocacy, Trial Advocate, 1981.He is a recipient of the Kentucky Bar Association CLE award, 1980-present and has maintained Florida CLE, 1989-present. Mr. Neal is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy and in Civil Pretrial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Throughout his career, Mr. Neal has excelled. He has written book chapters on trial litigation including dog bites by pit bulls, professional negligence, bad faith claims, and construction law. He has lectured extensively in Kentucky and nationally on various legal subjects. His verdicts and settlements for injured parties, whether it be a personal injury or business injury, has totaled in the millions of dollars to his clients. Mr. Neal has dedicated his legal ability to right the wrong and hold those responsible for the wrong to make it right.
Mr. Neal is a member of the National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Kentucky, and listed as a Top Lawyer in the Louisville Magazine in the Louisville-Metropolitan area. Mr. Neal is listed in Super Lawyers with the distinction in Business Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation. He serves on the State Executive Committee of the National Trial Lawyers Association.
He was president of the Kentucky Justice Association in 1987, and currently serves on the Board of Governors. Mr. Neal has received various awards and distinctions throughout his legal career, including being inducted into the Williamson High School Hall of Fame in Williamson, WV.
He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America, a member of the Million Dollars Advocate Forum, AV rated and listed as a Preeminent Lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell for over 35 years. He is a past board member of the American Justice Association. Mr. Neal has presented numerous lectures and publications to lawyers and civic groups.
He is certified as by the Supreme Court of Florida as a circuit mediator, appellate mediator, and approved arbitrator, having received his training through the Duke University Private Adjudication Center and the Florida Dispute Resolution Center. He is a Kentucky mediator on the Court of Justice Roster. Mr. Neal is published in Am Jur Trials, ATLA’s Litigating Tort Cases, the Kentucky Bar Journal and the Kentucky Justice Association Advocate. He is a member of the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 53d Judicial District. He is a member of the Kentucky Supreme Court Civil Rules Committee.
He is admitted to practice in Kentucky and Florida, the United States Supreme Court, United States District Court Western and Eastern district, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Neal served in the USAR from 1970-1976. Mr. Neal is a past president of the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce and past president of the Shelbyville Kiwanis Club. He is an elder at the First Presbyterian Church in Shelbyville and taught Sunday School for over 30 years.
Mr. Neal works in the following areas:
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate
- Business Associations
- Probate and Wills
- Legal and Medical Negligence
- Florida Real Estate and Title Insurance
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death and General legal matters
Mr. Neal has secured substantial verdicts during his career, including several seven figure cases. With 50 years of experience, he is ready to represent you.
As a board certified attorney in Civil Trial Advocacy and Civil Pretrial Advocacy, Mr. Neal is among a very select group of approximately 3% of American Lawyers and less than 1% of Kentucky lawyers.
Mr. Neal was selected again as a Super Lawyer in Kentucky in personal injury and business litigation for 2021.
Mr. Neal was recently selected for Top Lawyers in Kentucky for 2021 (top 100 trial lawyers in Kentucky). His certification was also renewed by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial and Civil Practice Advocacy. Mr. Neal recently obtained his recertification as a Certified Circuit and Appellate mediator by the Florida Supreme Court and approved arbitrator.
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1973
- Honors: Journal of Family Law
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia
- B.S., Bachelor of Science – 05/1970
- Kentucky, 1973
- Florida, 1989
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Wrongful Discharge The Advocate, 1983
- Bad Faith Cause of Action Manual, 1988
- Pit Bull Dog Attack Litigation 33 American Jurisprudence Model Trials, 1986
- Professional Negligence, ATLA’s Litigating Tort Issues
- Construction Law, KBA Journal
- LaFrange v. United Services Auto. Ass’n, 700 S.W.2d 411, 1985, Ky., 1985161509
- Morrison v. Kentucky Cent. Ins. Co., 731 S.W.2d 822, 1987, Ky.App., 1987051143
- Motorists Mutual Insurance Company, Appellant, v. Jeffrey Glass, 996 S.W.2d 437
- Recipient, Kentucky Bar Association CLE Award, 1980-2020
- Vice-Dean, Delta Theta Phi
- Florida CLE, 1989-2020
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Kentucky, Member
- Top Lawyer, Louisville Magazine, Louisville-Metropolitan area
- Super Lawyers, Distinction in Business Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation, 2007-2021
- Best Lawyers
- Million Dollars Advocate Forum, Member
- AV rated Preeminent Lawyer in Martindale-Hubbell
- Shelby County Chamber of Commerce, Past President, 1984
- Past President of Kiwanis Club
- Elder, First Presbyterian Church
- Logan’s Uniform Rental
- Republic Bank
- O’Brien Automotive Group
- Shelbyville Country Club
- Golden Creek Farms, Inc.
- Worldwide Benefit Services
- First American Title Co.
- Republic Bank
- Citizens Union Bank
Fraternities or Sororities
- Delta Theta Phi
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, State Delegate, 1983 to 1987
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, President, 1987
- Florida Academy of Trial Attorneys, 1989
- President, Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, 1987
- National Trial Lawyers Association, State Executive Committee
- Kentucky Justice Association, President, 1987
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the 53d Judicial District, Member
- Kentucky Supreme Court Civil Rules Committee, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- 53rd Judicial District Bar Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy and in Civil Pretrial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Circuit Mediator, Supreme Court of Florida
- Appellate Mediator, Supreme Court of Florida
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner, 01/01/1976
- United States Army Reserve, 1970 to 1976