Years of Experience—And Success.

Home $ Firm News $ What if I’m hurt and there’s no insurance?

What if I’m hurt and there’s no insurance?

car accident photo

If you’ve been in a car crash, you’re going to deal with one or more insurance companies. But what if you don’t own an insurance policy?

Kentucky law requires motor vehicle owners to have at least $25,000 of liability coverage and $10,000 in no-fault coverage on each vehicle they own. Not everyone follows the law, unfortunately. If you’re the driver of an uninsured vehicle and you’re hurt in a crash, well, you’re on your own for your medical bills until you get a liability settlement from the at-fault driver. But if you’re a passenger in a car without insurance, you can apply for benefits from the Kentucky Assigned Claims plan.

A person entitled to Basic Reparations, or no-fault benefits because of injury may obtain them through the Kentucky Assigned Claims Plan subject to the provisions of KRS 304.39-160. You might also be entitled to insurance coverage from policies that cover vehicles that you own or are insured under.

Insurance is complicated. Let us handle your claims for you. We help injured people get the justice they deserve so they can get back to living their lives. If that appeals to you, give us a call today at 502-633-6002 for a free consultation.